Tue, 24 Oct|
The ESG Imperative Driving Circular Economy with CANADA
Time & Location
24 Oct 2023, 15:00 – 17:00
Warszawa, Jana Matejki 1/5, 00-482 Warszawa, Poland
About the event
Registration is closed
On behalf of the Institute of Innovation and Responsible Development INNOWO and the Embassy of Canada to Poland, we invite you to participate in the satellite event of Circular Week 2023 on the topic of best practices in ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance).
The event, entitled "The ESG Imperative: Driving Circular Economy with Canada", will take place on October 24th from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM CET at the Embassy of Canada in Poland as a side event of Circular Week initiative. The event will be streamed online. Representatives from companies and institutions will participate in the discussion, focusing on the ESG/sustainability agenda as an integral part of business strategy and value creation; the role of supply chain sustainability and approach to assessing and improving the environmental practices of suppliers and partners; and the readiness of businesses to report in compliance with the CSRD Directive.
You can watch event here:
15:00 Welcome and Opening Remarks
Embassy of Canada to Poland
- Agnieszka Sznyk, President of the Board, INNOWO
- Forum Odpowiedzialnego Biznesu (The Responsible Business Forum)
15:15 Leveraging ESG Goals for Circular Excellence: A Canadian Perspective
15:45 Moderated Armchair Discussion
Navigating ESG Pathways in the Circular Economy: Exploring how Canadian companies can support large organizations in meeting their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) commitments
- Karolina Studniarek, Warsaw Stock Exchange, Corporate Sustainability & Responsibility/ESG Management
- Małgorzata Szewc, Vice-President of the Board, Stowarzyszenie Emitentów Giełdowych (Polish Association of Listed Companies)
- Katarzyna Bronowska, ESG Risk Analysis Expert, Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego (National Development Bank)
- Rafał Rudzki, ESG Director, Żabka Group
- Krzysztof Jarosz, President of the Board, Sanok Municipal Utility Company
- dr Daniel Kiewra, Chief Expert for Climate and Environment, Forum Odpowiedzialnego Biznesu (The Responsible Business Forum)
Interactive Q&A Session with the Audience
17:00 Networking Reception
CIRCULAR WEEK (www.circularweek.com) is a European educational campaign on circular economy, sustainable production, and consumption. The aim of this recurring project is to accelerate the circular transformation.
This year's 6th edition of Circular Week will take place from October 23rd to October 29th, 2023. Throughout this week, seminars, networking events, workshops, and webinars on the topics of circular economy transformation and sustainable production and consumption will be held across Europe. Each day of Circular Week will focus on a different area of the circular economy, such as sustainable packaging, food and bioeconomy, construction and circular cities, textiles and fashion. Circular Week offers a unique opportunity for business networking and connections for both Polish and international participants.